Frozen vegetables are a great way to whip up an exciting side dish, or new snack for you or the kids. Teaching kids to remove the beans from the pod can be a fun way to introduce a new green vegetable that’s packed with protein, fiber, folate, magnesium, choline, and potassium.
You can also make this with shelled soybeans, which are great on their own or added to a salad or pasta dish!
Yield amount4 Servings
- Wash hands before getting started.
- In a medium pan, heat oil over medium-high heat
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes until you can smell the garlic and pepper
- Add the honey or syrup and soy sauce. Cook for one more minute to reduce.
- Add the frozen edamame and cook for about 3 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
You can adjust the amount of red pepper flakes or leave it out altogether to match your preferred spice level.
Equipment you’ll need:
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Spatula to stir