Sometimes a busy mom needs a meal she can eat with one hand. We got you. This filling, nutritious, eat-anytime, anywhere breakfast burrito is filled with the choline, protein, iodine and healthy fats that can hit the spot when you’re eating for yourself and nourishing another. Make these ahead, or enjoy them on the spot. Even have your kids help make them! Just be sure to wash all vegetables, and everyone’s hands before getting started.
Serve with your favorite toppings - salsa, cilantro, taco seasoning, hot sauce, jalapeno or other peppers, or whatever your heart desires!
Yield amount4 Servings
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Stack the tortillas and wrap them in aluminum foil. Place in the oven to heat for 5-7 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together beaten eggs and seasonings. Heat a sauté pan over medium heat with 1 tsp vegetable oil. Scramble the eggs over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside until ready to assemble burritos.
- Remove the warmed tortillas from the oven. Place each tortilla on a plate or cutting board. Portion ¼ of the eggs, beans, tomato, avocado, cheese, and yogurt into each tortilla. Season each with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Roll each burrito and enjoy immediately or freeze for later.
For an easy meal later, you can freeze the assembled burritos - just roll them and wrap first in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil. Place in a re-sealable freezer bag and store for up to 6 months. To reheat (if you have a thermometer, the internal temperature should reach 165°F):
In the oven: remove the plastic wrap, re-wrap in the aluminum foil, and place in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.
In the microwave: remove the foil and plastic, and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.
Equipment you’ll need:
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Small mixing bowl
- Sauté pan
- Aluminum foil
Virginia Beach WIC