These deviled eggs are a healthy alternative to the traditional version, replacing the mayonnaise with avocado for added nutrition and creaminess. Enjoy with a vitamin C-rich fruit juice, like pineapple to help with iron absorption!
Get kids involved with helping to mash and spoon the filling! Make sure all helpers wash their hands before helping in the kitchen.
Yield amount3 Servings
- Remove the shells from the hard-boiled eggs.
- Slice the peeled eggs lengthwise and carefully remove the cooked yolks, placing the yolks in a mixing bowl.
- Add the avocado to the bowl and mash with a fork until it's a smooth consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mash stir together until blended.
- Spoon the mixture into the egg halves. Then sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Equipment you’ll need:
- Utility knife, spoon, fork
- Mixing bowl